Potato Egg Bake is the savory breakfast filler guaranteed to satisfy your morning appetite.
Egg bakes became the Saturday morning breakfast after swim practices in high school. There are few meals to satisfy a hungry swimmer’s appetite: egg bake is one of those meals. My mom would also cook great egg bakes time to time, outside of my being a swimmer. She helped me with creating the process for this particular version.
What’s great is you can change up your choice of veggies and meat. Try out different veggies and/or substituting sausage for ham!
The original recipe I used for this dish came from cooking with my mom.
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- cooking spray
- 5 russet potatoes, diced
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- diced ham
- medium mixing bowl
- large baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mixing eggs and milk in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large baking dish, coat with cooking spray. Add potatoes to line the bottom and the edges of the dish. Add cheese on top. Add green onions, tomato, green pepper, and ham on top. Pour the egg and milk mixture to cover the top of the ingredients but still leave some room on the side of the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 min, until the top is golden brown and the middle is no longer runny when the dish is shaken a little.