Honey Garlic Chicken is an easy to put together, great tasting crockpot dish with luscious flavor.
I had my buddy Tony coming over one night. I wanted to have a nice dinner put together, but I knew I would not have much time to cook once I was off work. I actually found this recipe while on Facebook. It was perfect. I prepped all the food in the morning and got it into the crockpot on low for 8 hours. It came out delicious.
The original recipe I used for this dish came from here: https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty/videos/vb.1614251518827491/1709378572648118/?type=2&theater
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 chicken thighs, thawed
- 1 lb red potatoes, sliced into eighths
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 lb green beans
- medium mixing bowl
- In a medium mixing bowl, add mix honey, soy sauce, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
- Add 4 chicken thighs into crockpot. Add 1/2 marinade. Add potatoes and carrots. Add the remaining 4 chicken thighs. Add salt to taste.
- Cook on low for 8 hours OR on high for 4 hours. Add green beans with 30 min left.
- OPTIONAL: after cooking, separate out the chicken thighs and broil for 3-4 min in the oven.
- Serve with items separated on plate.