Creamy Chicken Alfredo Tortellini satisfies the desire for creamy pasta while also being rich in flavor with chicken, thyme, and tomato in this delicious combination meal.
I sometimes cook meals based on one or two ingredients I want to use before they go bad. In this case, I had a cup of heavy cream and some fresh thyme needing to be used up. I had tortellini, chicken, and a few other ingredients on hand, so this was not to hard to craft. It tasted great, this amount will serve 2, and it will be very tasty and filling.
I hope you enjoy!
- 2 chicken thighs, thawed (you can change up the type of chicken you use)
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh thyme
- 1 tomato, diced
- 9 oz tortellini
- 12-inch skillet
- medium sauce pot
- large sauce pot
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of the chicken. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and sear both sides for about 2 min each. Turn the heat to low, cover, and let chicken finish cooking for about another 10 min. Let chicken cool for 3-5 min, then dice chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour while whisking to form a roux. Cook for about 1-2 min. Add the cream slowly while continuing to whisk to form the base of a sauce. Continue to stir mixture slowly for about 5 min, while the sauce thickens. Remove from heat, then stir in parmesan cheese a handful at a time. Add salt, thyme, and tomato.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt. Cook the tortellini according to the package. Drain in colander.
- Serve the tortellini on a warmed plate, add the chicken then sauce on top. OPTIONAL: mix everything together at the end, then serve it on a plate.