Veggie Tortellini Pasta Bake is a simple pasta bake, customizable to your liking for any mix of pasta sauce, veggies, and cheese.
I chose to use onions and broccoli as my veggies. You can use whatever you would like. You could even make this a meat dish and add chicken or beef too. I also used asiago cheese but parmesan or romano would be other great choices.
I love the panko and cheese on top because it gives the bake a cheesy, golden crunch.
This recipe is a Wassell original!
- 9 oz tortellini
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Asiago)
- 1/3 cup panko
- large sauce pot
- large frying pan
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large sauce pot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add salt and tortellini. Cook for about 3 min. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, add oil over high heat. Add onion, broccoli, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 min.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with some oil. Add pasta sauce, tortellini, and veggies. Add oregano, garlic powder, and thyme. Add cheese and panko.
- Bake for 30 min. Broil for the last 2-5 min (until the top is golden brown). Let cool for 5-10 min. Enjoy!