Pistachio Breaded Chicken (With Wild Rice and Carrots) is a great way to fill up, eat healthy, and enjoy delicious flavors.
I came up with the idea for this dish when my friend Cassie wanted to cook a meal, aspiring to eat healthy and cook fresh. We used on-hand ingredients and came up with this meal. My wife gave me two thumbs up, so I figured this would be a good one to share on the website =)
This recipe is a Wassell original!
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup pistachios
- 2/3 cup panko
- 6 carrots, sliced
- lime juice (from 1/2 lime)
- 4 lime wedges (from 1/2 lime)
- mesh strainer
- medium sauce pot
- small mixing bowl
- medium-sized baking dish
- small frying pan
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Rinse the wild rice in a mesh strainer. In a medium sauce pot, boil water over high heat. Add wild rice, 1 Tbsp butter, and some salt. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Follow package instructions for the time to cook. Mine took a little over 1 hour.
- Add salt and pepper to your chicken thighs, both sides. Add enough honey to coat, both sides. Grind your pistachios in a food processor (or put them in a plastic bag and smash them). Mix the pistachios with panko in a small mixing bowl. Add the chicken to the bowl, one by one, and coat both sides.
- Place the chicken thighs on a medium-sized baking dish. Bake for 30-40 min. Use a meat thermometer to determine when it’s done cooking (internal temperature of 165 F).
- In a small frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp butter. Melt the butter then add the carrots. Add some salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 min until desired firmness.
- Serve chicken over wild rice with carrots on the side. Squeeze lime juice over the chicken. Garnish with a lime wedge.