Baked Chicken with Grilled Pineapple has the tangy taste of teriyaki with the sweet hints of cinnamon grilled pineapple.
This was a dish I created one November evening after it became cold, rainy, and eventually snowy outside. This will keep you warm and your stomach happy.
This recipe is a Wassell original!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, thawed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 pineapple, sliced into chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- cast iron skillet
- mesh strainer
- medium sauce pot
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Season the boneless chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika, ground ginger, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- In a cast iron skillet, add olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and sear both sides for about 2-3 min each. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 15-20 min (until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F).
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice in a mesh strainer. In a medium sauce pot, boil the water over high heat. Add rice, 1 Tbsp butter, and some salt to taste. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 min. Remove the pot from heat and let it sit covered for 5 min.
- Remove the skillet from the stove once the chicken is cooked, and transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Let it sit for 5 min, and then slice it into strips.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining 2 Tbsp butter to the skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the pineapple, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook for about 8-10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chicken over rice with the pineapple arranged to the side or simply around the rice. Enjoy!