Quiche – so good you’ll eat it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and breakfast 😉
I cooked this meal while my brother cooked the same thing in his kitchen with different veggie add-ins. We talked via Skype. Both meals turned out excellent; I could even smell the bacon on his end through Skype… Technology these days!
- vegetable oil
- 3 medium-sized russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 6 oz butter, soft
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- fresh veggies, diced (I used green onions and mini-peppers; my brother used spinach, peppers, and jalapeños for his)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- large frying pan
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil. Once hot, add the potatoes, salt and pepper (I added some paprika too). Cook until all sides are nice and brown, tossing every few minutes or so (about 15 min total).
- Meanwhile, add the eggs to your mixing bowl. Scramble them. Add the milk, butter, flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk the ingredients together. It should be somewhat lumpy. Add the fresh veggies, parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese. Mix. Add more salt and pepper. Add the potatoes. Mix.
- Coat your baking dish with cooking spray. Pour in your mix.
- Bake on the middle rack for 50 min. The crust should be golden brown.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes and serve hot. Enjoy!